Ms. Janardhanan specializes in prosecuting patent applications on computer software technologies. Her extensive technical experience enables her to help clients protect complex intellectual property.
• Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Kiel, Germany
• M.Sc., Digital Communication, Electrical Engineering, University of Kiel, Germany
• B.E., Electronics and Communication, Sir. M.V.I.T, Bangalore University, India
Ms. Janardhanan is the author of several technical research papers in the area of speech signal processing, including wideband speech enhancement, comparison of quality of noisy telephone-band with noisy wideband speech signals and spectral estimation.
Teaching and Research Experience
Ms. Janardhanan’s Ph.D. studies focused on speech enhancement in noisy wideband speech signals for a single-channel speech communication scenario. She was a teaching assistant for a Masters of Science course in “Advanced Digital Signal Processing.” She also co-supervised digital communication labs and two master theses (in English and German languages). Her other areas of expertise include: statistical signal processing, system identification, information theory, cryptography, optical communication, wireless communication, and computer networking.
Ms. Deepa Janardhanan, has held various technical positions in the following companies: Diehl Aerospace, Ueberlingen, Germany; TRW Automotive, Radolfzell, Germany; L3 Communications ELAC Nautik GmbH, Kiel Germany
Bar Admissions and Registrations
• United States Patent and Trademark Office, limited recognition pending immigration status change to United States permanent resident or citizen
Awards and Honors
• Siemens (Munich, Germany) scholarship (2002-03)
• Member of the Youth & Knowledge Program conducted by Siemens (2001-03)
Language Proficiency (in addition to English)
Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, German, Bengali
Personal Interests and Activities
• Yoga, Reading, Cooking, Handicrafts