Ms. Mo is a patent attorney with over twelve years of expertise in the field of intellectual property. Prior to joining Park, Vaughan, Fleming, & Dowler LLP, Ms. Mo was an attorney at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, in San Francisco, CA, where her practice focused on high stakes, complex patent litigation.
Ms. Mo has extensive experience litigating technical patents before various courts, including at trial before the United States International Trade Commission and on appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In addition to her comprehensive litigation experience, Ms. Mo has advised clients on licensing and intellectual property matters relating to various corporate transactions.
Ms. Mo has also worked closely with key players in the area of antitrust and international cartel investigations. She was intimately involved with the investigation of price-fixing allegations relating to several major TFT-LCD producers in Asia. She conducted on-site investigations in offices and factories in China, Taiwan, and Malaysia, and represented key individuals before the United States Department of Justice.
• J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2003
• B.S., Computer Science, Stanford University, 1997
Ms. Mo’s experience as a patent prosecutor includes drafting and prosecuting applications related to software, data storage/management, networks, and health systems. Ms. Mo’s prior experience as a patent litigator in the field of computer systems provides her with extensive experience in understanding various types of technical patents. She has analyzed and litigated patents relating to software, relational databases, LCDs, video games, database compression, network monitoring, and video games. Prior to practicing law, Ms. Mo was a software developer and Senior Engineer with Sapient Corporation, which experience enables her to communicate effectively with both the technical inventors and the Patent Office. With a background encompassing both patent litigation and software engineering, she is thus able to comprehend and distill key technologies into their necessary components in order to help clients protect their intellectual property.
Former Representative Matters
• Database Structures, Inc. v. Oracle Corporation and International Business Machines Corporation, No. 3:08-CV-2337, Southern District of California
• Data Network Storage, LLC v. Aberdeen, LLC, et al., No. 3:09-CV-658, Southern District of California
• In re Certain Semiconductor Chips with Minimized Chip Package Size and Products Containing Same, Nos. 337-TA-605 and 337-TA-649, International Trade Commission
• In re Certain Liquid Crystal Display Devices, Products Containing Same, and Methods Using The Same, No. 337-TA-760, International Trade Commission
• United States of America v. Chunghwa Pictures Tubes, Ltd., No. CR:08-804 SI, Northern District of California
Admissions and Courts
• California State Bar
• United States Patent and Trademark Office
• United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• United States International Trade Commission
• United States District Court for the Northern District of California
• United States District Court for the Central District of California
• United States District Court for the Southern District of California
• United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas (pro hac vice)
• United States District Court for the District of Delaware (pro hac vice)
Related Professional Experience
• Associate, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
• Senior Engineer, Sapient Corporation
Honors and Awards
Ms. Mo was named the Pro Bono Honoree of the Year by the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo in 2008 for her work representing guardianship petitioners and victims of domestic violence in court proceedings. She was also nominated for the Frank Wheat Memorial Award by Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP in 2007 for demonstrating leadership and providing inspiration to others through her pro bono work.
• Federal Circuit Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
• Mandarin (conversational verbal proficiency)
• Spanish (verbal and written proficiency)
Personal Interests and Activities
• Lap swimming, traveling, and gastronomical discovery